James McAvoy can't wait for "X-Men: Apocalypse"
James McAvoy has hinted he will return for 'X-Men: Apocalypse'.
The 34-year-old star, who won Best Actor at the British Independent Film Awards on Sunday night (08.12.13), confirmed he is officially signed on for three of the superhero movies and will likely be back for the flick, which was confirmed for a 2016 release by director Bryan Singer last week.
McAvoy played a younger version of Charles Xavier - first played by Sir Patrick Stewart in the original 'X-Men' trilogy - in 2011 prequel 'X-Men: First Class' and will reprise the part in next year's 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'.
He told BANG Showbiz: ''I saw a tweet saying that we're making it. I've only just finished this one ['Days of Future Past'] but I signed up for three films and I just like working with my pals.''
Singer, who helmed the first two 'X-Men' movies, will return to the franchise to direct the movie after 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' is released in 2014.
McAvoy, who picked up his Best Actor gong for 'Filth' at the BIFAs ceremony in Old Billingsgate Market in central London, also said he's ''totally thrilled'' to be playing Victor Von Frankenstein in the new take on Mary Shelley's horror classic 'Frankenstein', alongside Daniel Radcliffe as Igor.
However, the Scottish actor admits he misses playing 'Filth' character, police officer Bruce Robertson.
He said: ''I'm so proud to have played this character and I'm so sad I'll never play him again.
''It's up there with the things I'm most proud of in my career ... it's one of the two roles I will miss playing the most in my life, the other being Macbeth.''